Monday, August 20, 2012

Marcy's Animal Blog- Meet Hunter, Sheltie Supreme!









Hello!  I'm Hunter!  I'm a Shetland Sheep dog, or you may know my breed as "Sheltie". I'm 8 years old.  My story is rather interesting, I think. I use to be a show dog- a "Reserve Champion!"








When my previous owner's husband pass away, she needed to downsize her kennel. She looked for a good home for me- somewhere I'd have companionship and love. That was three years ago.



Jasper, the mixed Terrier







My present owners have another canine. His name is Jasper. I believe you've already met him. He's good company, but I'd say we are opposites, and have opposite backgrounds.

(From Jasper: Mine is more interesting!)














You see, he was a stray. I was a "Champion". His hair is short. Mine is long and luxurious!





(From Jasper: He means he's fluffy, I'm masculine!)











He gobbles his
food like he'll never eat again!

I "munch"!












(From Jasper: Oh- come on buddy! When our owners eat on trays in the living room, you are right there with me, begging for a morsel!)












He loves to go on long walks and go, go, go!

(From Jasper: Auntie M says I'm the perfect walking companion, staying at her side- perfectly!)











For all my stardom, I'd really rather just stay home and guard the property.

(From Jasper:  He's such a home body!  I like to get out there and explore! I think Hunter's afraid of getting his coat ruffled or something!)









Though I could appear a mighty, fearless herder and protector, I have one major fear. Thunder storms! They scare me to death! I don't even like the flash from Auntie M's camera!









That's another way that Jasper and I differ! He tries to calm me down, but I can't help myself! Our owners finally got me a "thunder coat"- but my best hiding place is between the tub and the toilet! (I know, strange! But it sort of feels like a cave to me!)






(From Jasper: That's one thing I won't tease him about. I don't care for storms either. I'm just not as emotional about them as he is.)


All that aside, we all do have a good relationship! Our owners are very kind and caring. They seem to accept Jasper's idiosyncrasies, and mine.

I guess I don't miss the spotlight. All that fluffing and puffing to look handsome, and acting" just so" in the ring is o.k. when your a young pup. But now- hanging with Jasper and our owners suits me just fine!

(From Jasper: I may tease him a bit, but he's a good buddy! A good- FLUFFY buddy! Ha-ha! No, really, he's good company!)











(From both: LIFE IS GOOD!!!)











From Auntie M: I've had the privilege to know these two and their owners for a while now. They are all a delight! Yes, the two canines are opposites, but it does make life interesting!



Coming soon: a story of a family with Four dogs, Three which are rescue dogs! Stay tuned!




2 comments:

Karen said...

Awwww!! What a deeelightful saga!!!
Thanks for posting!!
karen

The Flight Nun said...

Karen- Thank you! These two are a delight! Glad you enjoyed!