Friday, July 20, 2012

Marcy's Animal Blog- Bella Luna - Birthday Girl!!






You may remember me from last year, when I was just a pup.

 I'm not full grown yet, but I'm getting there! I'm ONE YEARS old this coming Sunday!!! I'm what Auntie M calls a "little lady"!







Auntie M stayed with me a bit ago. It was HOT outside- too hot for long walks, even in the evening!
On our first walk, I really thought it was WAY too short, but she didn't budge in her resolve. That "short walk 'cuz it's too hot" was our only glitch in her visit. Outside of that, we did fine.


I've learned to staying in the hall while my food is put in the dish. I don't approach the dish until I'm told it's o.k.- Auntie M thinks that's very impressive! (I think so too!)





I have many friends here where I live. And my patio is right near the door exit, so I get to greet my fellow canines when they come out to walk! I usually grab one of my toys to show off when they pass my glass door!






I also love to "hunt" from behind the glass door. There's a frog who comes out onto the patio each time the sprinklers go on! Drives me crazy, because it sits there and know I can't get at it. (I think it's laughing at me!


Auntie M marvels over my light blond coat. It's soft and fine, easy to brush, and beautiful! (I think so too!) I love the compliments! What girl doesn't want to hear how pretty she is!







Whenever Auntie M is busy elsewhere, I take a quick nap. But I've got one ear open for the sound of friends passing by! Auntie M marvels at how I'm like a contortionist, as if I don't have a back bone! I must admit, I can wrap myself around almost anything!

Back to the subject of walking. Daddy Owner told Auntie M that I follow the command to "heel"- so she uses that now. She also rewards me with little treats if I walk a ways without "chewing" the leash! So--o.k., it's worth it, I guess, even if I think another mile or so would be a better walk!

All in all, it's was a good visit! I showed off a bit at first, walking calmly on my leash and listening to Auntie M;s commands. She still needed to remind me from time to time not to drag her when I spot something I want to see- but no canine is perfect at my age!

By the end of the visit I had had enough of these short walks! When Auntie M started to walk me back home, I protested- BIG time! I tried to tell her I needed more than a quick walk, no mater how hot it was, so I went back to biting my leash. At least Auntie M understood where I was coming from, even though she didn't budge on her resolve that I NOT get heat stroke. Oh well.

On her next visit I'll see if I can do a bit better on my walk. I'm, after all, no longer a puppy! Auntie M says that I'm beautiful and smart, and turning out to be a fine young lady!

(Now, if I could only get Auntie M to RUN with me, we'd do fine. These power walks just don't quite cut it!)

Until next time, I'll see what new things I can learn and do. I hope I get a big juicy steak for my Birthday! And maybe frog cake for dessert!  :)

6 comments:

Susan Lois Metler Henry said...

awww! Happy Birthday Beautiful Moon!

J. D. Means said...

Auntie M,

Great Post! I love it! As a writer, my books revolve around my dogs and our cat. They may not all love the cat as much as Honey does, as she grew up with Odd Thomas, but they have to respect his "space" even though he is the gentlest cat in the world.

check out our web site:

http://www.millieandhoney.com

look for our trailer, comming soon.

Joe

Anonymous said...

Hello, very professional high level blog! thank you for sharing. Because of good writing, and I learned a lot, and I am glad to see such a beautiful thing. Sorry for my bad English. ?

The Flight Nun said...

Thank you,Susan Henry! Glad you enjoyed this!

The Flight Nun said...

Joe-
Thank you for your comments! I'll be sure to check out your site!

The Flight Nun said...

Joe- thank you for your kind words! I am again blogging and hope you'll again follow along!

Marcy
aka Auntie M
aka The Flight Nun