Monday, July 1, 2013

Marcy's Animal Blog- "Hope" , The Black Labrador Retriever!





Hello! My name is Hope. My breed is "Black Labrador Retriever". I'm 10 years old!

I came to live with my owners when I was just a puppy! There is a man, a woman, and two boys in this house! They are my "Family"!








A few years ago another canine came to live with us. She's a rescue dog. But more about her later. I mention her because she's part of our family, and a playmate for me- from time to time. She'll be telling her own story later this week.

 My family is on vacation, so Auntie M has come to visit!



The above picture is me, getting ready to go on my morning walk! Auntie M says I am great about following commands and walking right beside her! After my walk I get brushed. I love the shine my coat gets when I get brushed. We girls are all a bit vain about our hair!






Meal time is sacred to a canine. It's hard to act casual and wait quietly where food is involved! Here I am with Lucy, the other canine of this pack! She's actually better at waiting than I am!



One of my favorite spots to "chill" is in the back yard. As you can tell, the other canine (Lucy) always seems to get her rope wrapped around mine, or me! But in the early morning, the cool grass feels so good, I sometimes roll in it!  With my beautiful thick coat, I can get warm fast! Auntie M lets me stay out for quite a while when it's cool, but not long at all when it's hot.


After outdoor time Auntie M gives us a bit of a treat! But she makes us sit and wait for it. I'm not sure why! Humans are funny creatures!


Lucy LOVES to play "pull the rope toy" with me! Auntie M tried to get a good picture of our play time, but Lucy kept shaking and pulling the toy, so the picture's blurry!


Ah! More outdoor time! Auntie M's nice, but I miss my female pack leader/owner and her family! I know she'll be back soon. Auntie M says so. Until then, I'll enjoy the cool grass, the treats, the walking and brushing, and hope to see my family soon!

But the life of a Black Lab is good, when one has a loving pack family, and an Auntie M to visit once in a while!

Lucy, the rescue canine's story is a bit different than mine, so come back Wednesday to read what she has to say!

(From Auntie M) Hope is such a joy to spend time with! She's a gentle old soul, loving and long suffering. What a wonderful canine!

 Labradors are even-tempered and well-behaved. Labradors are often trained as assistant dogs, trained to aid blind and autistic people. They are often used as therapy dogs, as well detection work for law enforcement!

Since the Labrador is a large breed, they need a bit of living space, and good exercise.  May I add that they do extremely well with children! As someone who's around a lot of canines, I strongly recommend this breed as a family dog!

On Wednesday, you'll hear from Lucy, the Boston Terrier!

Until then!

No comments: