Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Marcy's Animal Blog- "Lucy" The Boston Terrier


Hello! I'm Lucy. As you've read by the title, I'm a Boston Terrier! I'm what you may call a "rescue dog". About three years ago, my previous owner went through a divorce and lost his home. He didn't know what to do with me!

Thankfully, my new owners took me in! I didn't have a lot of training when they got me, so have had to work at teaching me "manners" and things.




I'm seven years old now. I like my new family! And I like Hope, the Black Lab who you've read about earlier!

There's a big difference between Hope and me! Hope is quiet, gentle, and wise. I'm a bit more energetic, more verbal, and LOVE to play!


I don't know if you can tell by this picture, but when Hope agrees to play with me, it goes like this: Hope stands pretty still, with the rope toy in her mouth. I have the other end, shaking and pulling like crazy! I know Hope gets tired of the game, but is a good sport anyway!

Now the other day, Auntie M brought her grandchildren over to visit us! First the boy, Evan, played and played with me. Auntie M tried to get a picture of that, but said I'm a "difficult subject", always moving at the wrong moment! Hey, what can I say! I'm a mover and a shaker!

After a while, the boy laid down, and I laid right on his chest! (Obviously I really liked him!) Of course, you know what happened when Auntie M tried to take a picture of that! Yep- look at the picture below!


 Then the little girl, Payton, decided it was her turn to play with me!


I'd pull on the end of the rope, and she'd laugh and laugh! It was a good day!


Another difference between Hope and I- the walking. Auntie M says walking me is like hanging on to a little tornado! I just didn't want to walk- I really wanted to run! And I'm not particularly fond of the brushing of the coat, either. It's just not my thing! Besides! Don't you think my coat is beautiful without all the fluffing and puffing? As short as my coat is, I really don't need it!


All in all, life is good! I have a great family, Hope is my adopted sister, and I have Auntie M to watch after me when my family is gone.

Now, if Hope and I could just figure out how to talk Auntie M into an extra meal each day, life would be perfect!

(From Auntie M)  The Boston Terrier breed has been known as the "American Gentleman" (or in Lucy's case- American Lady) of the canine world. They are highly intelligent, lovable, and energetic. They don't like to be left alone for too long, and crave a lot of attention.

For anyone with the time for proper training and attention, the Boston Terrier makes a wonderful companion!

Lucy craves physical activity, so she's keeping me exercised and on my toes! She is not only cute, she's smart and funny as well. I'm so enjoying watching after Hope and Lucy! And I look forward to the next time we can hang out together!

Next week you'll get reacquainted with one of my favorite Golden Retrievers, Elli! (And, of course her side kick, Mowgli the cat!)

No comments: