Friday, August 28, 2020

MARCY'S ANIMAL BLOG- CAN A CAT BE AN EMPATH?! MEET "SNUGS" THE COMFORT FELINE!

 


Greetings!  My name is "Snugs".  It's an appropriate name for me.  You've met my brother Chubs and Thunder the Feral feline.  I look very similar to Chubs since we came from the same litter.  But I'm thinner- my coat is a bit smoother, and even our voices are different!  Chubs is the leader of this pride, which is fine with me.  My personality and gifts are totally different from his!  You see, I'm here to comfort my humans!

We were at the Humane Society when our humans found us.  As Chubs has told you, our previous human moved and couldn't take us with him!  He wanted us to stay together.  Would someone want two Felines? When the new humans came to visit the lady sat quietly and observed.  The man immediately took Chubs up in his arms.  I went straight to the lady and snuggled in her lap.  I could tell she liked snuggles!  Thus, my name!


In spite of our differences, Chubs and I do have a strong bond!  I was a bit unsure of our new surroundings when we first got to our new home. Sometimes I would hide.  Chubs would call after me until I responded.  He gives me regular baths.  There are a lot of things we do together when my humans don't need me!


We like to lay on the little girls bed!  I know how to open her bedroom door!  Sometimes in the morning I'll open her door and go snuggle with her!  She likes snuggles also!  What human doesn't?


That's me on the top step.  Can you tell the difference between Chubs and myself?

When the lady of the house had foot surgery she had to stay in bed.  I was there with her, comforting her.  I can always tell when someone is sick, hurt, or just sad.  I'm always there to give comfort and Feline compassion!


The little girl of the house has a gift with animals.  She seems to know how we feel,  and I know how she feels.  I'm glad I have a bond with every human in the house!


I don't have a picture to show, but when my man human sits down to eat I sit on his lap.  I'm glad he drops food once in a while!  Maybe it's on purpose!  He jokes that I'm his furry napkin!  When he goes away I miss him.  I'm usually at the door waiting for him when he walks back in the door.  Dogs aren't the only ones who can tell when their humans are heading home!


Being close to my humans gives them comfort!  The man loves to swoop me up in his arms and give me a treat, holding me like a baby!  I don't mind that at all!


I'm pretty tolerant of their antics!  Here I am with a sticker on my nose!


The humans have a hanging basket on their deck that they like to put me in!  Actually, I don't mind it!  It's sort of like a cat hammock! 


I'm very sensitive to music!  When a sad song comes on I always go to a human to be held!  I'm not sure who needs the comfort more- me, or them!  


Theres a new member of the family!  A puppy!  None of us felines are too sure how to handle her, she's such a baby!  We let the humans handle her for now!  She's a bit too rambunctious for me!  Chewing on my tail is not good!  It's not a toy!  I think she's finally got the idea- leave the tails ALONE!

Any sick day calls for me to be right there, giving support!


Of course when the humans don't need me I do my own thing.  I LOVE boxes- all sorts and sizes!


And of course I help Chubs patrol the back yard- from inside!

So that's my story.  I can feel what my humans need.  I take care of them the best I can by giving comfort and letting them know they're not alone!  Am I a Feline Empath?  Yes.  That's my gift.  My humans love me and I love them. 

I'm grateful to the the Livingston Humane Society and my human family for making sure that we had a wonderful home filled with humans that could use a bit of snuggly comfort from time to time!

As Chub said, take a visit to your local animal shelter and hug a Feline or Canine!  You'll be Purr-fectly happy you did!

4 comments:

theshaun said...

Awww, such gorgeous kitties!!!

The Flight Nun said...

Thank you for following along! Yes- they're great! Such distinct personalities and functions in the family! They are definitely an asset to the family!

Marcy
aka Auntie M

Wilhelmina said...

Love it! Very accurate reporting of life with Snugs!

The Flight Nun said...

Willy-
Thank you! Snugs is such a sweet affectionate boy!

Marcy
aka Auntie M