Sunday, September 13, 2020

MARCY'S ANIMAL BLOG! A RESCUED PUP- LIVING THE GOOD LIFE!!




My name is Macie!  Some say I'm a Mutt!  But I'm not!  I'm a MIX!  And this is my story!

When I was a baby something happened to my litter and pack!  I don't know what!  But by the time I was12 weeks old I was a rescue puppy- looking for a forever home!  

No one knew for sure what my breed was! 
 
My humans found me!  They didn't seem to care about the "breed"!  They were told my name was "JOY" but I wouldn't answer to that! The Humans decided on a new name!  And that was fine with me!

They added me to their family pack! Since then I've been a loyal companion for my Humans!  

They Love me and I Love being with them!  What better life could a Canine want?!



Here I am as a puppy on their boat! Pretty cool, don't you think? 


I Love stretching! 


When my humans have to travel, Auntie M comes to stay with me!  She's always surprised how easily I can "chill out"!  I Love looking out the window and watching the World go by!

Along with being a Great laid back Companion  I am also an observer.   I watch the neighborhood, and watch over my family! No- I'm not a "guard" dog, because I'm not at all aggressive!  However, I do alert the family about the goings on in the neighborhood!



There used to be a cat that lived with us!  His name was Mikee! Auntie M said he looked just like "Puss in Boots"! He always wanted to sneak my food!!  (Maybe he Was Puss In Boots! )  




 Auntie M always takes me for long walks!  See how she threads my leash?  That way I know not to pull on the leash but walk right beside her!  She always tells me what a great walking companion I am!



I'm pretty comfortable sitting where ever!   I just love watching what's going on!  I only get excited when my Humans or Auntie M comes to visit!  Those are my "special" people!


  Here I'm Watching Auntie M sweeping the floors!  It makes her smile to see the way I sit on the stairs!                      


Beach time is always a great time for me!!  As long as my Humans aren't flying somewhere, they bring me along on their adventures!


Sometimes Auntie M would bring her Granddaughter to visit!  The little girl was kind,  But I always felt just a little bit shy!


Auntie M's rule is to NOT sleep with the Canines and Felines she watches over!  However,  I would sneak in and carefully place myself on the bed as she slept!  She was always surprised in the morning that I somehow got up there without waking her up!!


My Female Human always makes sure I look pretty!  I have lots of stylish scarves!!



I've always enjoyed the Winter!  I often roll in the snow to give myself a snow bath!   Here I am watching a herd of deer that were in the woods!


On cold Winter days Mikee, Auntie M, and I would chill out in front of the T.V.!   I guess you would say Mikee and I were House Mates of sorts. Mikee was hit by a neighbors car and crossed the Rainbow Bridge, so my "Puss in Boots" is gone.  About that time my Humans were staying in town much more, so it made the loss easier.


I continue to keep company and walk my Humans whenever I can!.  And my Female Human always make sure I am groomed and pretty! I've never minded the scarves!! Sort of Classy, don't you think?!


As I've gotten older I Love sunning!  As you can see, there's more grey on my nose!  I'm now 10 Years Old!                                                             


Because of the Pandemic my Humans are certainly home more!  This is fine with me!! Since I'n now a Senior Canine I probably "chill out" a bit more.  More Human companionship and chilling?  Life Is Good! 

 Thanks for listening to my Story!  Every Canine and Feline should be as Lucky as I am! 

 If you're thinking about adding a Fur Companion to your Human Pack,  please consider looking at your Animal Rescues and Humane Society!  

There may just be one Furry Friend who will give you companionship and unconditional Love! And you, can give it a life of safety, comfort, and Love in return!

What more could a Canine or Feline ask for!!

2 comments:

Wilhelmina said...

What a great blog!...and sweet dog. Another journalistic home run!
Keep up the good work, Marcy.

The Flight Nun said...

Wilhelmina-
Thank you for your comment and for following along! Yes, Macie is a delight! She's a Joy to be around!
Marcy
aka Auntie M