Tuesday, September 8, 2020

MARCY'S ANIMAL BLOG- GRIEVING THE LOSS OF A BELOVED FUR FAMILY MEMBER!

    


Most of us who have had beloved fur folk as pets have experienced the loss of one.  It's heart felt and gut wrenching!  Animals grieve the loss of one of their own as well!

This was Ellie, Golden Retriever shortly after her fur companion passed away.  Her humans were afraid she was also going to pass!  Ellie's grief was profound!  Pictured her is my Granddaughter, Payton- at the time just 3 years old.  I asked her to come and comfort Ellie, because she was so sad.

I was touched and amazed at the care and compassion that little 3 year old showed the grieving Ellie- and how much Ellie responded to her touch and Love!  Ellie went on to live several more years!

For us humans, we feel the loss as well!  How do we fill that void?  Another pet, perhaps?  We each handle grief in our own way.  For some, the happy memories sustain them.

I believe that if there's a heaven, our fur family members are there also!  I saw a little cartoon that made me smile!  I hope that's how I'll see my beloved "Daquiri Shih Tzu"  again!



I have no special words of Wisdom to impart on the subject of grieving a Fur Family Member.  

Hugs to all who have suffered loss, and a Special Tribute to all the Fur Folk who gave us Unconditional Love and Companionship!  For the time they were here we were Blessed Indeed! 

Until next time, Dear Readers, Hug your Fur Folk a little longer, play with them just a little bit more, and send them the feeling of gratitude we all  have for their devotion.

No comments: