Wednesday, August 26, 2020

MARCY'S ANIMAL BLOG- " THUNDER" - THE FERAL FELINE !!




HI !  My humans call me "Thunder Bumpys" !  That's because I run fast and make a lot of noise while I do it!  I'm one fast feline!  My story started with me finding myself on the street as a baby!  I guess you would say I was a wild kitty! I only know I was hungry and cold!

I ended up at the Humane Society shelter with a lot of other kittens.  Most were pretty scared,  For myself- I was curious!  When my humans came to visit I got really interested in the lady.  I looked at her and she looked at me.  That was it! 

I was pretty unsure of my surroundings! I had never been a "house" cat before!  The older feline named "Chubs" took me under his paw and taught me what to do.  I'd say he was my Feline Parent!

Sometimes Chubs and his brother Snugs would both keep me company during my naps.  We Felines sleep between 12 and 16 hours a day!  So- there's lots of nap time!

I'd say I'm most attached to the adult female human of the house!  Sometimes I want some lovings and attention while she's working, so I just lay across her computer!  Then I give her "The Look"!

Auntie M (aka Nonna Marcy) takes care of all us fur folks in the house while our humans are away.  She loves to brush us!  Afterwards she always gives us a treat!  We patiently stand in line for that one!

When I was a baby I'd watch the birds and critters out this back door!  I wasn't sure!  Should I be in here?  Or out there!

Chubs would come to the rescue and teach me how to be an "indoor" cat. He'd tell me "Watch and Observe!  That's our job!"

As I got older I realized- I'm a great jumper! I can pole vault off the Microwave and end up on top of the cupboards!  It did take me a while to figure out how to get down though!

Sometimes all this growing and learning got exhausting.  Chubs would lay down for a nap with me and put me in a protective hug- as if to say "You'll be alright, kid. I'm here."

So that's my story!  I have my human family and the feline Pride.  Chubs looks after me, sometimes Snugs keeps me company,  And Auntie M comes to visit or take care of us!  So I'm pretty content!  I still don't like a lot of people around, so I go and hide when there's lots of visitors.  But Chubs and I are working on that too!

I'm grateful to the Humane Society and my human family for saving me, and giving me love and a safe place to be!  And of course Auntie M who loves me, wild and crazy ways and all!

  UNTIL NEXT TIME, GO TO THE HUMANE SOCIETY AND HUG A KITTY!  I THINK YOU'LL BE   PURRR-FECTLY   GLAD YOU DID!                                                    

2 comments:

theshaun said...

Awwwww, I sure do miss having cats!!!!

The Flight Nun said...

Shaun- I have always been a DOG lover- but now I have to add Felines to my list! Wonderful independent creatures with individual personalities! Thank you for your comment! Hope all is well! If we lived closer to each other I would be your pet sitter while you were on the road!