Friday, August 21, 2020

MARCY'S ANIMAL BLOG- CHUBS! KING OF THE PRIDE!


Greetings!  My name is Chubs.   I know it isn't a very sophisticated name for a King.   It's a name my humans gave me.   But I am indeed kingly.  I am aloof!  I  do allowing some affection from my humans.  They seem to want it.  But-I take my duties seriously!

My journey started with my brother Snugs and myself living with a different human.  The human  had to move and could not take us with him!  When he brought us to the Humane Society, his one request was that my brother and I stay together.  He knew we had a close bond.

When our new humans came to the Human Society they were told about us. Once we met them I knew we would be adopted.  Snugs immediately snuggled on the woman's lap. (Thus the name)  They had read that I was described as "obese"- thus my name came to be.  That didn't seem to bother this new family. 

When they came to take us home we were waiting by the door. We Felines have a sixth sense like that!

 I thoroughly enjoy my role of Leader.  I'm suited for it.  My duties consist of watching after the humans, observing  in a aloof manner. 

 I also remind Snugs from time to time that I alone rule the roost. This usually consists of me wrestling him into submission. 

 I need to remind the humans when they've spent too much time on their computers and paper work.  I do this by laying across their work and becoming dead weight.  You see that on my profile picture!










A little feral kitten recently came to join my pride. 

 The little guy really didn't know much!  

I had to teach him to "CAT"! 

His name is Thunder!






I took him under my paw and became his surrogate parent. 


I've slowly taught him house manners, though I believe He'll always be a bit of a Wild child.


 Their stories will be different from mine since our personalities are so different!






What we do enjoy together is Bird and Critter watching!! 


  It's a never ending source of intrigue!












I do have a few "Habits"!

 Napping!  I love curling up for a good nap!  


I'm usually joined by one of my pride.  









The other is eating!  When the Father human opens the fridge I'm sure to be by his side. 


 

The humans have put me on a diet! 


 They've limited my treats, cut down on my food, and found a way to block me from helping myself to the other's food after I quickly finished mine! 


I'm now thinner and healthier!  But- I still LOVE food!


Auntie M takes care of us all when our humans are away!  I love how she brushes me and gently gives me ear pulls!

  She laughs that I have a white streak of fur on my underside that looks like a bikini!

The house has now been invaded by a very small critter.  Not a Cat!  It's a feisty little puppy.  I've stayed at a distance from her.  I haven't figured out yet how to train her.  Her first day here she tried to chew on my beautiful tail!!  A few quick swats with my paws set her straight.  So far none of my pride have warmed up to her.  How this will all work out is yet to be seen!

So that's my story.  Thank you for spending a bit of time to get to know me.  If Auntie M allows it I may connect with you again.

Until then, take  a purr-fect opportunity to visit your local animal shelter.  You may find someone to invite into your home and life!  I guarantee- having a "pet" can enhance your life!

So- CATS, DOGS, CRITTERS, OH MY!!



2 comments:

Wilhelmina said...

Great read. I like the wording next to the pictures!

The Flight Nun said...

Thank you, Wilhelmina! Thank you for following along as we explore the wild world of Dogs, Cats, and Critters!
Auntie M
aka Marcy Padrta